Achieve My Plan PLUS (AMP+)
Who Should Take this Training?
Peer support specialists working with youth or young adults, and their supervisors.
What Are the Goals of the Training?
Through the AMP+ certification process, trainees gain an in-depth understanding of the AMP+ curriculum and the unique role of "peerness" in work with youth and young adults. Trainees also develop skill in the use of specific techniques that promote young people's engagement in services and supports, their acquisition of self-determination skills, and their participation in community activities and contexts that support positive development.
How Long Is the Training?
4 months for certification.
What Does the Training Entail?
In order to be certified, trainees must:
- Attend eight 1.5 hour video conferences;
- Upload two video recordings that demonstrate engagement techniques;
- Upload three video recorded AMP+ coaching sessions with young people;
- Upload three video recordings of AMP sessions with young adult clients;
- Participate in eight individualized feedback sessions with AMP+ trainers on submitted videos; and
- Pass the AMP+ certification quiz with a score of 80% or better.