Achieve My Plan for Transition Facilitators (AMP-TF)
Who Should Take this Training?
Caseworkers, care coordinators and other providers using a person-centered planning process with youth or young adults as they transition to adulthood.
What Are the Goals of the Training?
AMP-TF is a skills enhancement intervention. In other words, AMP-TF is intended to supplement an existing intervention or program model so that transition facilitators will can carry out that model more effectively with young people. Trainees develop skill in the use of specific techniques that promote young people's engagement in services and supports, their acquisition of self-determination skills, and their participation in community activities and contexts that support positive development.
How Long Is the Training?
4 months for certification.
What Does the Training Entail?
In order to be certified, trainees must:
- Attend eight 1.5 hour video conferences;
- Upload two video recordings that demonstrate engagement techniques;
- Upload three video recorded AMP-TF sessions with a practice person;
- Upload three video recoded AMP-TF sessions with a young adult client;
- Participate in eight individualized feedback sessions with AMP-TF trainers on submitted videos; and
- Pass the AMP-TF certification quiz with a score of 80% or better.