Achieve My Plan (AMP) for Wraparound/Care Coordination
Who Should Take this Training?
Care coordinators or other providers working with youth and young adults in a person-centered, team-based treatment planning process such as Wraparound. (Providers working with young people using a person-centered planning process but without a team should see the description of AMP-TF.)
What Are the Goals of the Training?
AMP is a skills enhancement intervention. In other words, AMP is intended to supplement an existing intervention or program model so that providers will can carry out that model more effectively with young people. Trainees develop skill in the use of specific techniques that promote young people's engagement in services and supports, their acquisition of self-determination skills, and their participation in community activities and contexts that support positive development.
How Long Is the Training?
4 months for certification.
What Does the Training Entail?
In order to be certified, trainees must:
- Attend eight 1.5 hour video conferences;
- Upload two video recordings that demonstrate engagement techniques;
- Upload three video recordings of AMP sessions with practice people;
- Upload three video recordings of AMP sessions with young adult clients;
- Participate in eight individualized feedback sessions with AMP+ trainers on submitted videos; and
- Pass the AMP+ certification quiz with a score of 80% or better.
Syllabi are subject to change based on the kind of AMP training the organization wants.